- Nominee: Irish Film & TV Academy (IFTA) award for Best Short Film, 2022
- Winner: Best Irish Fiction Short, Kerry International Film Festival 2021
- Winner: Audience Award, Chicago Irish Film Festival 2022
- Winner: Best National / International Film, Richard Harris International Film Festival 2022
- Winner: Best Short Film, Achill Island Film Festival 2022
- Nominee: Best Writing (Kamila Dydyna) & Best Actress (Úna O’Brien), Richard Harris International Film Festival 2022
- Nominee: Best Sound Design (Killian Fitzgerald/ Avatar Post), Fastnet Film Festival 2022
- Nominee: Best Composing (composers Natalia Tsupryk & Ray Harman), Underwire Festival 2022
- Official Selection: Galway Film Fleadh (premiere), Catalyst International Film Festival
Debutante is the story of Meg, a young Jehovah’s Witness, who’s subjected to the worst of what the religion has to offer: a judicial committee. The plot and the characters are fictitious but their experiences are based on the daily reality of tens of thousands young Jehovah’s Witnesses all over the world.
Written, directed & produced by Kamila Dydyna
Cast: Úna O’Brien, Arthur Riordan, Richard Neville, Sam McGovern, Gary Mullan, Noelle Brown, Anthony O’Boyle.
Director of Photography: Barry Doyle
Editor: Eoin McDonagh
Cast & crew details: click here.
(short, 2016), Directed by Kamila Dydyna & Natasha Waugh, prod. Driftwood Doll Films.
Mark & Nel’s marriage is on the rocks. While Mark’s insecurity escalates into violence, Nel is questioning her feelings for her best friend, Alice.
Cast: Miriam Devitt, Mark McAuley, Kamila Dydyna
Director of Photography: Malgorzata “Gosia” Zur
Edited by Iseult Howlett
The Betrayal, featuring music by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis, Ryan Vail and Conor Walsh, premiered at the prestigious GAZE International LGBT Film Festival in Dublin in 2016. The film was broadcast on RTE, and earned a Best Actress nomination for Kamila Dydyna at the 8th Underground Cinema Awards 2017.
TESTIMONY (short, 2015), dir. Kamila Dydyna, prod. Reckoner Productions & Foxrock Productions (UK)
Based on true events that took place in Poland in 1991, the film tells the story of a 9-year-old girl that is asked to testify in a domestic abuse court hearing. Her mother is the plaintiff, her father – the defendant.
The film was shortlisted for the prestigious Bath Film Festival / IMDb New Filmmaker’s Award (UK), won the Award of Merit at The IndieFEST Film Awards (U.S.) and was selected for multiple festivals globally (Dublin, Belfast Cork, Waterford, Limerick, NYC, Rome, Luxembourg, and more). The official Bath Film Festival Blog called it “superbly acted.”
Testimony was also picked up for a 3-year broadcast license deal with US Channel ShortsHD™. ShortsHD is a world-leading short movie media group, available to 40 million homes, with over 11 million subscribers in 54 countries.